Latest version (with LXQt) 18.10
It is important to read the release announcement before downloading.
It’s better to use the (magnet) link first (auto-verified downloads).
19.04 (Disco Dingo) Daily Builds (Beta)
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE IMAGES COULD BE UNSTABLE!
Before installing, we very highly recommend that you join our development channel, as these images change DAILY and are NOT officially supported.
The links below are for the current 18.04.2 LTS release, Bionic Beaver. You can find more details on this point release here.
About the architectures:
- 64-bit version for most modern computers. Most well-supported. You probably want this.
- 32-bit version, suitable for older computers. If yours is older than 2007, you may need this.
- PowerPC version for Apple Macintosh G3/G4/G5 and IBM OpenPower. LTS only.
- Mac64 version for Intel Macs, 2006 and beyond. After 14.04, use 64-bit version.
Raspberry Pi 2 & 3 (16.04)
This image was created using the Ubuntu Pi Flavour Maker. We have done what we can to optimise the builds for the Raspberry Pi 2 but microSDHC I/O throughput is a bottleneck so we recommend that you use a Class 6 or Class 10 microSDHC card. More information here.
Former LTS version. Note: some versions, like PowerPC or Alternate, may be older releases.
Former LTS version, 14.04.5 for Desktop edition and 14.04.1 for Alternate and Mac installers.
Release cycle (and other downloads)
- Previous releases are here (being updated).
- Advanced: for lowest system requirements, visit this page.
- Development: for bleeding-edge releases, please see Testing.