The links below are for the current 16.10 release. It’s better to use the (magnet) link first (auto-verified downloads). Take time to read the Release Notes (being updated). For low-RAM (less than 700 MB) PCs use the Alternate versions. Here is a screenshot of the alternate installer. Instructions are here.
About the architecture:
- 32-bit version, suitable for almost all PCs. Choose this if unsure.
- 64-bit version for Intel or AMD computers. You may need a 32-bit ISO, for PCs older than 2007.
- PowerPC version for Apple Macintosh G3/G4/G5 and IBM OpenPower. LTS only.
- Mac64 version for Intel Macs, 2006 and beyond. After 14.04, use 64-bit version.
Raspberry Pi 2 & 3 (16.04)
This image was created using the Ubuntu Pi Flavour Maker. We have done what we can to optimise the builds for the Raspberry Pi 2 but microSDHC I/O throughput is a bottleneck so we recommend that you use a Class 6 or Class 10 microSDHC card. More information here.
Version 16.04.2 LTS
Former LTS version, 16.04.2 for Desktop edition and 16.04.1 for Alternate installer.
Version 14.04.4 LTS
Former LTS version, 14.04.5 for Desktop edition and 14.04.1 for Alternate and Mac installers.
Other images and download locations
- Previous releases are here (being updated).
- Advanced: for lowest system requirements, visit this page.
- Development: for bleeding-edge releases, please see Testing.
Box is the default official theme shipped with Lubuntu. Box covers both for controls and icons. The theme has been tested in several environments, like LXDE, Unity, Openbox, MATE, XFCE, Plasma / Qt and Gnome.
Maintenance: The controls theme is periodically updated using Ubuntu’s Light themes base, and missing icons will be added to keep a good app ecosystem. Additional content may be available for those apps that don’t follow XDG compliant themeing (like Filezilla). Upgrades will be pushed to the Launchpad branch and this downloads page.
Notes: Read this if you need help installing themes. Regarding Older versions, archive has been discontinued. If you want to download previous wallpapers of older Lubuntu releases, please head to our Deviantart archive.